Section 1: General Rules:
- You must be logged in through nickserv to speak on this channel. Use the command "/msg NickServ help identify" for help logging in and "/msg NickServ help register" for information regarding registration.
- Not reading the rules is no excuse for not following them. Same goes for the topic.
- All applicable rules and laws apply. The EsperNet rules can be found in the EsperNet Charter.
- This is a strictly Safe For Work (SFW) channel. All chat and all linked or otherwise posted content is expected to be PG13. Do not post material unsuitable for children. Please keep the use of expletives to a resonable level. If you are asked to watch or tone down your language, do so.
- The posting of so-called 'shock sites' or domains, even in jest or with "NSFW" warnings, and even if not an actual bona-fide hyperlink or URL, will merit a retroactive, long-term ban. This is your only warning.
- Do not post any malicious material. This includes exploits for IRC, Minecraft, or computers in general.
- Do not distribute modified client or server software in this channel. Do not download any minecraft software from this channel either, for your safety.
- Unauthorized talking bots or scripts are not permitted. Bots are permitted as long as they do not send any unsolicited messages.
- Don't use auto-rejoin, it irritates the management.
Section 2: Rules Regarding Other Users:
- Do not harass other users. This includes, but is not limited to, sending unwanted messages or spamming/flooding.
- Be polite to the users around you. It takes two or more people to have an argument, and all are at fault.
- If you are experiencing issues with a specific user, it is recommended that you ignore them with the ignore command. Use "/help ignore" for more information. (note that this is a client feature and may not be available on all clients)
Section 3: Rules Regarding Channel Operators:
- Operate the channel fairly and appropriately.
- Do not ignore users who try to appeal their bans. Among other things, this encourages evasion.
- Kick and ban reasons are to be clear and concise, so that they may be easily accessible in the channel logs.
- It is the job of the operators to enforce the channel rules.
- Operators should be able to justify their decision regarding removal of a user, and their decision may be overturned by a consensus from the other operators.
- Operators are to follow the rules of general users, their position does not make them exempt.
- Operators should not remove bans placed by other operators except under extenuating circumstances.
Section 4: Rules Regarding Consequences:
- Being kicked from the channel serves as a warning. If you are kicked, keep in mind that further disquiet will likely result in a ban.
- If you are banned, do not evade it. Period. You will be banned for longer, and possibly banned from the network.
- In general, if you are banned, you have the right to know why.
- Ban appeals should be made in the Ban Appeal section on this forum. You can also appeal to the op who banned you. Under most circumstances, it is up to that person whether your ban is justified.
- The ban duration shall fit the offense.
Section 5: Important Notes:
- For issues with Minecraft, see #Minecrafthelp. For issues with the Minecraft forum, use #Minecraftforums. For modding discussion, see #risucraft. For help with bukkit, see #bukkit.
- This is a Minecraft channel. Discussion related to Minecraft is not required, but should take priority over unrelated chatter.
Section 6: Grounds for Being Kicked:
- Trolling, spamming, flooding
- Advertising (including SMP servers, use #smp for this instead)
- Being a talking bot or script
- Being the owner of a talking bot or script
Section 7: Grounds for a Short Ban (a few minutes to a few days):
- Repeated offenses that merit a kick
- Mildly Not Safe For Work (NSFW) content
- Picking fights or causing arguments
Section 8: Grounds for a Long Ban (longer than a few days):
- Repeated offenses that merit a shorter ban
- Racism, sexism, discrimination
- Evading a ban (+b) or quiet (+q)
- Pornographic or otherwise obscene material
- Being a spambot
Section 9: Grounds for a Permanent Ban (does not expire):
- Repeated offenses that merit a long ban
- Blatantly offensive speech
Section 10: Grounds for a Network Ban:
- Charter offenses. (Network charter)