BY JOINING #MINECRAFTHELP, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES AND POLICIES! Failure to read these rules is not an
excuse to disobey them; The rules still apply even if you were not responsible enough to read them!
Don't ask to ask. Just ask! Speak in the channel so everyone can help you. If you wish to discuss sensitive issues
such as passwords via private message (or query), please ask the intended recipient for permission first. We prefer
to assist in a public manner so that everyone can benefit from an answer to a question they may not yet have.
#minecrafthelp best helps those who help themselves. If we send you to a web site (e. g. a driver download page) and
tell you to follow its directions, then do so. We find selective literacy to be both frustrating to everyone and an
anathema to communication. Help us help you help us help us all.
The purpose of this channel is help with the official Minecraft and Minecraft Server software. Official helpers will
have voice (+) status. Channel Managers and/or Mojang employees will have operator (@) status. Anyone is invited to
help others, and idling is welcome.
As we are a community of volunteers, we cannot necessarily have our attention fully on #minecrafthelp all of the
time. Some of us are at work or school, and others might actually be playing Minecraft. Please be patient after
asking a question; it will be seen and answered eventually.
ENDORSEMENT OF PIRACY IS ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN! THIS WILL EARN YOU AN INSTANT BAN!
Note, most of these rules are simply common sense; If you think you shouldn't say it, don't!
- Be excellent to each other.
any software or service.
- Spamming, phishing, flooding, insulting, trolling, and deliberately giving bad technical advice are forbidden.
- Keep it civil - this is not an action movie. Additionally, any excessive use of memes or inside jokes is
- Do not impersonate others. You will be reported to EsperNet staff.
- Disruptive bots or scripts are absolutely forbidden. Exceptions are limited and will likely not be made for you
or your bot. This includes "Now playing" and "Away/Back" announcement scripts.
- If you have been kicked from the channel and are using an auto-rejoin script or setting in your IRC client, you
may be temporarily banned.
- The use of harassing language, slurs, excessive obscenity, and invectives including but not limited to genetic
or cultural heritage, creed, sexual preference, or country of origin will not be tolerated.
- Unsolicited advertisements are not permitted. This includes hosting services, IRC channels, web sites, and
- These rules are subject to change.
- Reading the channel topic is highly advised. If your client does not show you the topic by default, then type
/topic #MinecraftHelp to read it.
- #minecrafthelp cannot guarantee support or compatibility with or for client or server modifications, and may ask
you when troubleshooting to remove any mods or resource packs, as this has demonstrably proven to be a solution
to myriad problems. It is too difficult to diagnose the many issues with mods. You can ask to be forwarded to a
place for support with mods.
- (A "mod" consists of any third-party modification to the Minecraft client or the Minecraft server)
- #minecrafthelp cannot support older versions of Minecraft (including Classic) or snapshots as they are generally
- If you need assistance with writing a mod, please check out #bukkit, #mcp-modding or #risucraft, where that is
the intended channel topic.
- We recommend that you have some experience in running server software and networking before setting up a
- If you need help with running Linux, we recommend not using Linux. The channel is not Linux support. We will not
help with general Linux questions, including but not limited to, OS installation, system security, setup, and
- Do not abuse the helper bots. Repeat offenders will be kicked from the channel.
- Custom software (servers or client) are not supported.
- If you see someone violating these rules, please report it to a channel operator for review, even if the
violator is a channel operator.
- Bans may be given out retroactively.
- Conversations involving minecraft assistance take precedence in the channel. Please keep all idle or off-topic
discussions to a minimum when assistance is being rendered.
- Channel operators are the highest authority in the channel. You must heed to them. EsperNet staff can not and
will not help you with channel matters.
- Operators can and often do take any measure they see fit - And remember: No "Rule Lawyering"!
- BEING IN THIS CHANNEL IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT! The channel is run by community volunteers.
We have no obligation to help you or allow you in our channel.
- IF YOU ARE KICKED: You will be told why, generally in the kick message. Think about what you
have done before you return. Do not repeat what you did to get kicked.
- IF YOU ARE BANNED: You will be told how long the ban is for when it occurs. Do not come back
until that time has expired. Evading the ban will result in a permanent ban, and a report to IRC operators that
may get you removed from the IRC network entirely. If you think the ban was not justified, please contact
GreyVulpine via query.